Welcome to the Ohio EBT card website!
The Ohio EBT Card, known as the Ohio Direction Card, is like a bank debit card and holds the food assistance benefits assigned to you each month. Once your benefits are deposited into your account, you can begin using them with your Ohio Direction Card. You use the same card every month; you do not need to get a new one.
The Ohio Direction card is a safe and easy way to get and use your food assistance benefits. It’s safe – you can’t use your card without a PIN. And it’s easy – you can use it anywhere you see the Quest logo, and every time you use your card, you get a receipt showing the amount of benefits left in your account.
You can use your card at the grocery store to spend your food assistance benefits. Before you begin shopping, make sure that the store accepts the Ohio Direction Card and you know your 4 digit PIN.
You should know your balance before shopping. There are three ways to check your balance.
- Check your last grocery store receipt.
- Use this website – you can set-up a User ID and Password to check your account balance and also view transaction history.
- You can call the Customer Service Help Desk at 1-866-386-3071. Your balance is provided as soon as you enter your card number.
If your card is lost or stolen, call the Customer Service Help Desk immediately at 1-866-386-3071 to prevent anyone from using your benefits.
How do I obtain my food assistance benefits?
Your food assistance benefits are automatically deposited to your Ohio DIRECTION Card account on the same day of each month you are eligible. You can check with your county office to find out which day you receive your benefits.
How do I use my Ohio DIRECTION Card to shop?
You can use your Ohio DIRECTION Card at all grocery stores that display the Ohio DIRECTION Card sticker. After you have completed your shopping, tell the cashier you are using your Ohio DIRECTION Card for your food purchases.
Most grocery stores in Ohio accept the Ohio DIRECTION Card. If you make a purchase in another state, look for the Quest � logo which means your Ohio DIRECTION Card will be accepted.
To use your card, you or the cashier swipes your card through the point-of-sale (POS) equipment. The cashier or the register automatically enters the amount of your food purchase. YOU must then enter your secret 4-digit PIN on the machine’s PIN pad. Never tell the cashier or anyone else your secret PIN. Never ask the cashier to enter your PIN for you.
The machine prints your receipt with your purchase amount and the amount of food assistance benefits you have left. If you want to purchase any non-food items not eligible under food assistance rules, you must pay for these with cash or another form of payment such as a debit or credit card.
- PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. You must have a 4-digit PIN to use your Ohio DIRECTION Card.
- Call Customer Service to select a PIN and activate your card. You will need your:
– Card number from the front of your Ohio DIRECTION Card
– Social Security Number
– Birth Date
- Choose a PIN that is easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to guess or figure out if you lose your card
- Never tell anyone else, including a grocery store cashier, your secret PIN
- Never write your PIN on your card or card sleeve
- DO NOT write your PIN on anything you carry with you like your wallet or purse in case it is lost or stolen.
How do I protect my Ohio DIRECTION Card and food assistance benefits?
- If your Ohio DIRECTION Card is lost or stolen call Customer Service immediately. Your benefits will be protected as soon as you report it lost or stolen and a new card with your remaining benefits will be issued to you.
- When entering your PIN to make a purchase, be sure no one else can see what number you are entering. If someone else learns your PIN and uses your card and PIN to use your benefits, your benefits will not be replaced.
- If you think someone else has learned your PIN, call Customer Service immediately to choose a new PIN. Your Ohio DIRECTION Card and benefits will not change.