Long-term disability insurance
Protect your paycheck from accidents and illnesses. Long-term disability insurance replaces a portion of your income while you recover. And your benefits continue for the policy s benefit period or until you are no longer disabled, whichever comes first.
Coverage you need; support you deserve
- We help you get back to work, with a vocational rehabilitation program that includes personalized plans to help you recover
- If you re only able to do part of your job or work part time, you can receive partial benefits. When you put your part-time earnings and a partial disability benefit together, you could receive up to 100% of your predisability earnings
- You don t have to pay premiums during periods of approved disability under our policy
- We ll pay a lump sum to your beneficiaries if you die while on disability
- If you re unable to return to work, Lincoln s Social Security legal experts guide employees through the complicated Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) process at no additional cost. On average, it takes three years for a disabled employee to be notified of their Social Security benefit award decision; Lincoln s award rate at three years is 93.5%.
- Support services are included in every Lincoln long-term disability plan, with access to counselors and other assistance for personal, legal and financial issues
#4: Lincoln is the fourth largest group disability provider in the United States, as measured by new contracts sold. 1
1 LIMRA, 2014 year-end premium sales results.
How long-term disability income insurance works
Two months ago, Mike was injured in a traffic accident that resulted in a covered disability. His plan has an elimination period of 90 days, which means he has to wait for 90 days after his injury. If he s still disabled after that time, he s eligible to begin collecting benefits.
The policy provides a maximum benefit of 60% of pay, up to $5,000 a month, and a maximum benefit duration to age 65. If Mike s disability prevents him from working for 10 months, here are the benefits he could collect:
Sample benefit Statement
Long-term disability insurance
When recovery takes longer, see how LTD helps protect your income.
Did you know?
- Back and other musculoskeletal disorders cause more than 28.6% of all new disabilities among America s wage earners. 1
- More than 25% of today s 20-year-olds will become disabled before they retire. 2
- The average long-term disability claim duration is 34.6 months. 3
1 Council for Disability Awareness, 2014 Long-Term Disability Claims Review.
2 U.S. Social Security Administration, Fact Sheet October 13, 2015.
3 Gen Re, U.S. Group Disability Rate Risk Management Survey 2012, based on claims closed in 2011.
Are you fully covered?
Ask your employer about your benefits.
Are you an employer?
Combined, short- and long-term disability insurance can help protect your income.
Find out more about short-term disability coverage .
EmployeeConnect SM and EmployeeConnect Plus SM services are provided by ComPsych Corporation, Chicago, IL. ComPsych is not a Lincoln Financial Group company. Coverage is subject to actual contract language. Each independent company is solely responsible for its own obligations.
Insurance products (policy series GL3001) are issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (Fort Wayne, IN), which does not solicit business in New York, nor is it licensed to do so. In New York, insurance products (policy series GL3001) are issued by Lincoln Life Annuity Company of New York (Syracuse, NY). Both are Lincoln Financial Group companies. Product availability and/or features may vary by state. Limitations and exclusions apply.
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.
2017 Lincoln National Corporation. All rights reserved. Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and insurance company affiliates, including The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN, and in New York, Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York, Syracuse, NY. Variable products distributed by broker-dealer/affiliate Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc. Radnor, PA. Securities and investment advisory services offered through other affiliates.
You are now leaving the
Lincoln Financial Group website.
Thank you for visiting the Lincoln Financial Group website.
Come back and visit us often.
You have requested the website of another organization not associated with Lincoln Financial Group.
Lincoln Financial Group is not responsible for the content of the site you are about to visit.
Help us give you a better customer experience by providing your age.
As of January 2016, Microsoft will no longer support Internet Explorer 8.
For the best viewing experience, please upgrade your browser to the latest version from Microsoft, or download Google Chrome or Firefox.