Date posted 23 June 2017
A leading food manufacturing organisation based in the Merseyside area are looking for a Capacity Planner to join their team for an excellent opportunity. As Capacity Planner you will be responsible for the medium and long term planning processes, providing visibility on risks and opportunities to the factory and Central Business Units and supporting the Integrated Business Process Manager with the 5+ year capacity investment planning with the Supply Points.
- Ensure that all functions contribute and own their part of the process (shift levels and overtime requirements for each production area; planning parameters for medium term planning and scheduling; new product launches and changes in min/ max settings)
- Generate a compelling risks opportunities outlook to help drive decisions and to monitor the evolution.
- Lead the min / max inventory calculation, including alignment with CBUs and MDC
- Lead Monthly Supply Point Capacity Review and provide data for WWBU Supply Review
- Track and highlight performance of latest capacity plan as compared to last RF, Strat Plan, SCP
- Supporting sourcing decisions in the long-term to solve capacity constraints and exploit capacity opportunities
- Ensure the consistency and development in capacity planning methodology and tools.
- Chair Supply Capability Review meeting with manufacturing, testing and logistics for identifying risks and lead mitigation plans
- Propose and coordinate the OU calculation needed to meet the capacity needs
About the person:
- Significant experience in a Capacity Planning role
- SAP APO Excel/Access skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to bring together inputs from multiple operational departments
- Ability to influence others, and potential to lead a small team in the future
- Ability to crystallize complex planning situations into clear messages
- Ability to present data clearly and to generate actions and decisions from data-driven discussions